Sunday, May 9, 2010

A means of escape.

Life, has been only vaguely chaotic as of late. Enough to cause one's brain to shrivel and any productive notions to be set aside in the name of mental rest. But spring has finally bloomed upon the Island, and gardening and exploring the great outdoors has aided in the earlier atrophy which had plagued me. 

With the spring also comes good news. Of a new beginning. Of hope. 

As of July, I will be a bonafide culinary student. I begin at ICE on July 7th, as a student in Culinary Management and Baking and Pastry Arts.  I'll not only be on my way to opening the long awaited tea shop, as well as being forced to finally take on those projects that terrify me. Like a Mille-feuille! And bread! And other terrifyingly flaky butter based French confections. 


This also means that by the end of the summer, I will be off of this god forsaken island.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment