Sunday, May 23, 2010

Manic planning and a reprieve.

I've fallen behind on posting but this is primarily the result of what could only be describe as a miniature panic these past few weeks. I'm been busy planning a giant sized party for my old school BFF, who I've known since we were but wee 7th graders working on Ku Klux Klan project.


We shall call her H, H has joined the Peace Corp and for the next two years she will be taking up residence in the Philippines. Furthermore, her birthday has never been given much thought due to it's place in the year. I'm both marvelously proud and somewhat guilty that I've never given her the same treatment, and thus...voila...a giant mashed up party.


The problem with a giant party, however, is that one's small party preferences - like a cohesive theme, pretty decorations, delicious home made food, fancy drinks and good wine and beer.... Are extremely difficult on a limited budget, limited time, and with only one pair of hands. As this is a surprise party; and H is typically the workhorse who helps me with all of my affairs I have had very little help. Although I did trick her into helping me lay a pathway and plant a bit of a side garden.


And so it has been my challenge to switch around our dismal back yard into something presentable to the mass of strangers I have invited to our home, lay down some pretty things to make it look charming, and to find decor on the cheap and funds from wherever possible. It is set for this Friday, and you, dear readers shall be privvy to the entire god damned process- from back yard renovation to my "Ghetto Ass Fancified Banner Techniques" and the art of purchasing party items that can be reused in a multitude of ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment