Saturday, May 1, 2010

Resisting Atrophy.

 I've been sitting at a cross roads for exactly five months now.  I am officially a college graduate, sitting in her parents' house with a philosopher, a one eyed cat, and a bachelors degree in Art History and Anthropology.

So I sit in transition, as I imagine all college graduates or those recently laid off are.  The world is spinning and I've been in one spot for too long. I have felt my brain atrophying without the rigors of academia.  And so I've decided that I must write, I must write or die.

This is blog attempt number six. What is different? I finally have something to write about, and an identity. I will no long try to be Jeffrey Steingarten, Martha Stewart, Anthony Bourdain, or Bakerella. I will be me. A girl, in transition.

There will probably be bitching, there will be the shenanigans of the one eyed cat named Odin,  and there will be food. Delicious food. And plenty of recipes along the way.

3 comments:

  1. cool... there are already plenty of martha stewart blogs. The key to blogging is to find a niche (if you're not just writing for your friends, that is)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm aware. My prior issues were trying to force myself into one set niche, food journalism, domestic adventures, baking blog, yadda yadda. I think I just need to address all that interests me, and see what comes of it. Really it's just a way for me to write atm.

    ReplyDelete